• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making LED signs in the USA

AnthonyRalano

I am interested in making some LED signs. I am in the USA. Are there regulations that I have to comply with. There is a link that has images for the style I would like to make.
https://www.facebook.com/wangsapungLED/photos_stream
I have no idea if this is profitable or not because of the time it would take to build and what people would be willing to pay. As a hobby, this would be fun to do anyway.
But just wondering if you need permitting for this type of thing?

signage

Just because a sign has UL parts doesn't mean it's a UL approved sign! Most parts used in any electrical sign is UL approved but you are still required to have the sign enclosure/assembly UL approved.

I would not want to be the one that made/installed a non UL approved sign and the building have a fire.

AnthonyRalano

Just because a sign has UL parts doesn't mean it's a UL approved sign! Most parts used in any electrical sign is UL approved but you are still required to have the sign enclosure/assembly UL approved.

I would not want to be the one that made/installed a non UL approved sign and the building have a fire.
Agreed. I may just make one for a hobby, but I agree, it is not worth it to have the liability. Thank you for the responses.

mmoguls

led signs

Try contacting Jim Levante at Inspired LED. He is manufacturer of LED products and is very easy to work with.

I am interested in making some LED signs. I am in the USA. Are there regulations that I have to comply with. There is a link that has images for the style I would like to make.
https://www.facebook.com/wangsapungLED/photos_stream
I have no idea if this is profitable or not because of the time it would take to build and what people would be willing to pay. As a hobby, this would be fun to do anyway.
But just wondering if you need permitting for this type of thing?