Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making stripes thru an object

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by jimmysigns, Mar 9, 2008.

1. lets say you have a square and you want to put several stripes thru it. is there a stripe command like there is on flexi & omega, where you can set the width and gaps or do you have to manually do it by slicing. I know there is an easy way I just haven't figured it out yet.
    thanks for any help.

Tags:
  2. ndemond

ndemond Active Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Omega- Tools>Effects>Stripe Set the number of stripes.

3. I know how to do it in omega & flexi it's cs3 thats got me. :smile:

4. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    draw box width of stripe & duplicate

5. peavey123

peavey123 Active Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    are you using illustrator? I haven't used CS3 yet but the other versions had tool called blend. You make you first line and your last then using the blend tool select both objects and it should be that easy..

6. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Flexi's stripe tool is ridiculously easy and a cool feature but I don't think I ever used it. Illustrator does not have the same stripe tool as Flexi. As described above, you can make a stripe and duplcate it then use the pathfinder. You can also use the grid tool and use strokes to modify your stripe and sppace width, then expand, but not the best solution.

7. thanks guys, for such sophisticated software you think there would be an easier way to do certain things. I used the grid tool, worked ok but...
    flexi rules

8. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    In Corel X3 there is a function called "step and repeat" that does what you are asking about. Of course, that doesnt help you..just wanted to make others aware of that.
    Ken