• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

making stripes thru an object

jimmysigns

lets say you have a square and you want to put several stripes thru it. is there a stripe command like there is on flexi & omega, where you can set the width and gaps or do you have to manually do it by slicing. I know there is an easy way I just haven't figured it out yet.
thanks for any help.

peavey123

are you using illustrator? I haven't used CS3 yet but the other versions had tool called blend. You make you first line and your last then using the blend tool select both objects and it should be that easy..

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Flexi's stripe tool is ridiculously easy and a cool feature but I don't think I ever used it. Illustrator does not have the same stripe tool as Flexi. As described above, you can make a stripe and duplcate it then use the pathfinder. You can also use the grid tool and use strokes to modify your stripe and sppace width, then expand, but not the best solution.

jimmysigns

thanks guys, for such sophisticated software you think there would be an easier way to do certain things. I used the grid tool, worked ok but...
flexi rules

Ken

In Corel X3 there is a function called "step and repeat" that does what you are asking about. Of course, that doesnt help you..just wanted to make others aware of that.
Ken