• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Malwarebytes For Mac?

round man

do a search for malware removal for mac and you will get many hits and sources for malware removal and prevention tools some are even available from apple,....

HaroldDesign

Macs pretty much don't have issues, but malware is sneaky. I wouldn't know if I did have one until it was found. No symptoms does not mean there isn't something in the background. My home mac is getting older. It wouldn't surprise me to find that it has some things going on I don't realize. There are a lot of programs and services available. I thought I'd see if someone here recommended something in particular.

signswi

osX for the past few years has been losing all the exploit tests at the big security conferences but their market penetration doesn't make sense for malware, of which the point is to infect the most computers possible. It's a matter of market targeting more than os vulnerability these days. That said, as osX is increasing in share, effective new malware on the platform will become increasingly common.

For solutions, Kaspersky is available for osX as is Avast! and there's also Sophos. The main osX threat are trojans and all three do pretty well against that type of malware.