• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mamaki jv3 130 spII - print prob

gabagoo

I don't have this happening all that often but wondered how others deal with it. I run Flexi Photoprint and have endured almost a year on it and have a pretty good understanding of it at this point. I sometimes find though that on graphics that I am going to cut, that sometimes the printer does not print the far left black squares for cutting. Fortunately I am standing and watching before it's a big waste of time and material. If I load vinyl and hit the "roll" button to configure it the machine has a reading that says 52.8 inches. If I go in the software and set the material size to 52.8 inches and then send a 48" print and cut job to rip, the rip screen shows the job on the material and lets say I put in 1.5" to start out from the right hand side to allow for my summa cutters rollers. Now if the printer felt that I have used up to much space to fit the job properly and now will print everything I see on the screen less the black squares for cutting on the left edge, then why does it not try and either panel the job or give me an error message. I find it pretty annoying that when printing and cutting on 54" material, I am not really sure how far I can actually print.

eforer

Thats odd. I'm using Flexi Pro with my 160s and haven't experienced those problems. That said, I put my crop marks on in illustrator as I use the mimaki fine cut plug to do my contour cutting. Is it an issue with the right margin setting on the machine itself?

Letterbox Mike

LOL, I've been struggling with this same problem for a year, but we use Onyx. I think it must be a printer issue since you're using Flexi. The workaround I've found is to make a seperate media size of 52" for contour-cut jobs, tell the RIP the media is 52" even though it's 54. Then tell it to offset the print a half-inch from the left. You'll have some wasted media along the right (opposite the capping station is the right) side of the media, but not too bad. I've never tried making a 53" page size to see if that would work, but it probably would. Not the end-all fix, but it works.