• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Man cave door wrap

Hitecsignsinc

I just finished up a job for a client. Wrapped 2 metal garage doors. Smooth finish. I used 3Mij180c with gloss lamination. Sizes were 36"x74" yes they were cut down in height. The customer feels that the cost is to much. I charged him $180.00 per side. Am I that way out of price range? Thank you in advance for you input.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not at all. In fact, using that material, I'd say you're a little on the light side. Probably be closer to $600 at least.

Didn't this goofball know the price going in before you started ?? How do you get a deposit, if the customer doesn't know the cost up front ??

2B

your price is in the neighborhood. we would be about $150 ea. and that is the door brought to us and prepped.

Like Gino said, the customer should have known the amount BEFORE the work started.
If they wanted bottom dollar
1. let them install
2. use calendared
3. non-laminated

Hitecsignsinc

He knew off the bat that I charge $10.00 Sq ft on this. I just finished a 36"x36" bar table top for him and charged him $100.00. He didn't seem concerned with that price. I told him to add the Sq footage up. I did however charge a $250.00 design fee because all he brought in was a picture of what he would like the doors to look like.

Hitecsignsinc

20170105_171446.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
People with square feet are never good with numbers - need to give them the total up front.
Eng_foot_type.gif

Job looks good - I wonder if the look might have improved a little with a matte or luster lam over the top.

wayne k
guam usa

WrapGuy10

Looks awesome. That price is totally fair. I agree with the matte or luster though. I try to push matte for any interior stuff like that to avoid those hot spots from interior lighting.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
so you charged him $250 for the design and $180 per side for a total of $610?

if so, that is a fair price for the work.

just wondering why the cost wasn't settled before hand. I mean, I have customers that don't ask what the cost is going to be, but the second part of the equation is that they never balk at what I charge...

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
You probably installed them too fast. Sometimes if there's a flat surface install and it goes fast, they either get it in their heads that they could have done it...or they think, WHA...I'm paying that for just a half hours work?

$180 for the decals is about where we'd be. $10 per sq. is about our average rate for this type of laminated material on a job that size. Then I would have been at about $25.00 for installation of each one. If you painted the edges too, you did him a really nice deal.