• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Man hours for wraps? Mini Vans, Pickups, Cargos

BRUSHMARKS

How many man hour do other shops figure for wrapping (Full wraps) Mini vans, Pick-ups, and Cargo vans? Looking at the times we take to do these projects, and would like to compare to others. Your help would be appreciated.

WB

How many man hour do other shops figure for wrapping (Full wraps) Mini vans, Pick-ups, and Cargo vans? Looking at the times we take to do these projects, and would like to compare to others. Your help would be appreciated.

All depends on the installer, some guys can do it in 1 day some do it in 2. I just did a full wrap on a 2012 Caravan in 12 hrs I know a couple guys that can do it in 8hrs.

HulkSmash

Cars, Impalas, fusions... etc - 4-5 hrs.
Econoline - 4-5 hrs
Pickups 3-6 hrs depend - depends on the type of truck bed..2 door 4 door..etc
Sprinters 8 hrs

Wrap only, not including prep and cleaning time, and with 1 guy here is pretty much what we average

Cargo vans no roof 4-5
Pickup trucks 4-6
Sprinters, depending on which type 7-10
Mini Van 5-7
Most cars 5-6

HulkSmash

we do these in under 4 hours. 90ftx12ft both sides

3-4 guys

Attachments

• 407749_544288238922039_1740714390_n (1).jpg
    407749_544288238922039_1740714390_n (1).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 53684_542892802394916_1461325059_o.jpg
    53684_542892802394916_1461325059_o.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 99

mudmedia

I'm so slow. I'm roughly 7-8hrs which would include cleaning and disassembly/assembly.

I am with you. There are some guys out there that truly impress me with their speed and their quality is top notch it is crazy. Those are the shops I admire for their speed and quality.

johnnysigns

When I was only an installer I was worlds faster. My hands only see 60-70 wraps a year with 99% of those on weekends so I have all week of my regular work fall out of touch with hanging graphics for a living. If all you do is install it would certainly bring the timing down. I'm sure like a lot of people in here their days are consumed in other ways. My day job has exactly nothing to do with wrapping cars, but I still continue to take on that work when I can. I have several excellent clients, a good work space arrangement and a home or race car with several unending projects that need funding.. hahaha

Mikeifg

Just boils down to the installer. I always get quotes from companies wanting to know how much it costs me to do a wrap because they have a customer in my area, And I always quote them high and give them longer than normal times because they never come in clean and ready to wrap.