• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Man I am glad I found this forum!

garymulti

Hello Everyone! I am brand new to this forum and this sign making world! I have a APD plotter that I use for cutting blast mask to sandblast monuments from stone. I have been wanting to try and make a decal. My blade pressure is set at 9.0 oz. Do you know what pressure would be good to cut vinyl? Can you tell me what would be the best vinyl to buy for a decal that would be on a car window and last a long time? What type of transfer tape would I use> I am just thinking of a white decal. Also is there a place that would take a rough image and make it a vector image? Thanks in advance and I hope I am clear enough for someone to help! Gary

BobM

Welcome from Cape of Cod. 9 grams perhaps, but the vinyl you cut makes a big difference. Start there.

signguy 55

To answer your questions, yes, yes, any name brand, and yes.

Seriously, if you are that new to the biz I strongly suggest you get on your hands and knees and introduce yourself to another shop. Explain you're just getting started and in no way want to be a "low ball" competitor. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, the owner will be in a good mood that day and help you out.

garymulti

By the way , thanks for the great info signguy 55! One day I hope to be as great as you!! Something to strive for!. By the way if you read my post, I want to make" A" decal, not start a sign shop!! I am a stone engraver and do quite well, so you can rest easy and not worry about any low ball competition. I was just looking for some help. Gary