• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mannheim Steamroller Christmas concert this season?

rjpjr

I took one of my daughters November 19th to see them at the Murat Centre in Indianapolis. I was surprised to find out that Chip Davis was not there. He has recently had back or neck surgery. He would have been proud as the concert still sounded great. :thumb:

imagep

never seen Mannheim, but I went to Trans Siberian Orchistra last Fri, they were fantastic. I would highly recommend seeing them.

rjpjr

I wondered how long it would take for someone to mention the Trans Siberian Orchestra! They will be in town at Conseco Fieldhouse December 23rd. I would eventually like to see them but I can't justify it with the wife...or with myself for that matter...at least not this year. Kinda think the crowd will be just a little bit different...:rock-n-roll:

Mannheim concerts have become sort of a tradition with me. I have seen them 5 out of the last 7 years.

Mosh

Chip Davis is from Omaha and has stayed here in Nebraska City a few times at our Conference Center.

imagep

I wondered how long it would take for someone to mention the Trans Siberian Orchestra! They will be in town at Conseco Fieldhouse December 23rd. I would eventually like to see them but I can't justify it with the wife...or with myself for that matter...at least not this year. Kinda think the crowd will be just a little bit different...:rock-n-roll:

Mannheim concerts have become sort of a tradition with me. I have seen them 5 out of the last 7 years.

The show is very family oriented. I took my wife, my teen age son, my monther, and an employee. The audiance ranged from about 6 or 7 years old well into the 60's or even 70's. I got the cheap seats for $25 each and actually had a better view of parts of the show than the high dollar seats.

The show was a little boring at first, but the second half was excellent

Bill43mx

The show was a little boring at first, but the second half was excellent

Funny you thought that! I saw them for the first time a few weeks ago and felt about the same. The music, lights, effects, were awesome. The "story", in my opinion, was a little weak....especially the "narrator's" lame rhyming. I also enjoyed the second act more except that I had already been sitting in my seat for almost 3 hours and was ready for it to just be over! *LOL* If you took the almost 3 hour show and cut it to 2 hours it would be perfect.

itzdeb

we were just talking about those two groups and how we should go to see them.. a different experience but still captures the season and down to earth in a heavenly sort of way:) I hope all of us have a chance to see them. Don't you get artistic ideas while at good concerts? I do!!