• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manual Contour cutting

midnightmadman

Ok guys. I only have my old 24" panther cutter to do contour cuts until I get my new cutter to go with my printer.
I am wondering if there any step by step instructions on how to set up a non-reg reading cutter(panther) to contour cut
THANKS!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Ok guys. I only have my old 24" panther cutter to do contour cuts until I get my new cutter to go with my printer.
I am wondering if there any step by step instructions on how to set up a non-reg reading cutter(panther) to contour cut
THANKS!

There's no reasonable way to get there from here. At a minimum the plotter needs to be able to sense registration marks. The software may or may not be able to play in the game but the plotter has to.

The problem being that the print will not be exactly the dimensions specified in the design and it will not be loaded into the plotter exactly the same way it came out of the printer. That being the case you the plotter to read the registration marks and either the plotter or the software must then map all of the points on the vectors to be cut to the actual physical size of the print as well as compensate for any relative skew in the media that is inherent in loading the media in the plotter.

Even the tiniest of errors will build up over any reasonably sized print and by the time the cutting gets to the area farthest away from the origin it will be nowhere near where it is supposed to be.