• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manual Cut Order - Is It Possible?

AKWD

Hello all!

I've been using flexi for a while. I don't mind it for doing cut vinyl for the most part (Except it trashing EPS files every once in a while, but that's another topic.) Here's my question. I hate Flexi's 'Optimize Cutting Order', mostly because it is too restrictive (confining your optimization to a predefined box is not optimizing; It's confining cuts to the current box area roughly.) I also dislike that even if you build a file EXACTLY the order you want to have it cut, it still doesn't cut in that order. Cutting is sometimes in order; Sometimes it is all over the place. I'm actually cutting a job right now, 26 letters altogether, and what is driving me nuts is that out of those 26 letters, it is jumping around between about 15 of those, really increasing my cut time. Even if I get very picky and crank down the Optimize Cutting Order setting, it is still all over the place.

The question is for everyone; Is there a way through the Layers palatte or something else that you can manually order the cut yourself? For example, like this cut, the fastest path would be going one letter at a time, right-to-left for the first row, and then left to right for the second row (Only making the head move slight up for the second row.)

I've tried searching for a similar topic; However, all that comes up is the topics on the Optimized Cutting Order option.

Thanks a lot everyone!

ERUS37

when you click optimize cutting order, have you lowered the default number in the drop down menu next to it, i usually put it about 0.500 and it will cut closer
just asking

gabagoo

I run flexi photoprint and have never even seen a drop down menu for optimize cut, and as stated above even though it is better than not having it clicked it still does it's own thing at times.

Jillbeans

Does Flexi have a "sequence plot" option like Omega?
It's in the output selected toolbox, under "layout"
-for lack of a better explanation.
Love....Jill

Replicator

Pardon me for being ignorant,
but i've been using Flexi for over 4 years now and I just pick the cutter I want to cut and hit send

AKWD

I'll have to try that; Thanks for the suggestion.

I've tried tweaking the Optimize distance, and doesn't help with the jumping around at all; Trying to sort the letters into layer order didn't work; Nor did giving each its own layer and sorting the layers. You'd figure there'd be a way to set a weight number per 'line' or similar. The current system seems archaic/barbaric. I hope Aardy's suggestion works, cause I'll be so tickled. I hafta do a few sheets of halloween stuff, and could save me an hour or two if optimized well.