• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manual laminator?

CrAkD

Hey guys I work mainly in stickers and decals I'm running a custom job for a paintball company and my first prints ate getting destroyed by the paintball guns so I need a laminator. Can't afford a huge one so I was thinking will manual ones work for this?

knucklehead

I just got a 24 inch one off ebay, mainly for mounting/laminating photos. After getting the pressures right, seems to do OK. I've got a big squeegee too.

CrAkD

I've been looking at the 25" ones on eBay. The big squeegee seems like a lot of work for the job I have like 200 sheets. Obv it would be ideal to get an electric one but it's not in the budget right now.

Where do you guys get your laminate film? I'm looking for some 12" stuff haven't found any yet.

Mosh

What are you printing these "decals" on? The big squeegie is not a lot of work, in fact it goes faster than my laminator for small jobs.

Laz0924

What are you printing these "decals" on? The big squeegie is not a lot of work, in fact it goes faster than my laminator for small jobs.

I agree Big Squeegee is pretty quick just have to get the hang of it which doesn't take long.

CrAkD

They are 9" x 20" number sheets from the edge. I'm using a gerber plotter so I need to laminate just the print not the holes on the side of the vinyl. It's going to end up being about 125 yards an order. So the big squeege seems like a lot of work I'm thinking a manual laminator might be easier to laminate a roll