• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manual settings for Flexi

rjssigns

Just got back into the Flexi realm and I'm trying to understand the RIP side. So far all profiles for my Mutoh 1624x are 720x720, even banner which is completely unnecessary. While the output is gorgeous a lot of my work doesn't call for it. Would be fantastic to use speed the printer is capable of for banners and short term work. Banner is 13oz JetFlex. i am running their profile, but 720x720 is overkill.

I was poking around yesterday and noticed a ton of generic settings like 360x540, 540x720, Custom etc...
Anybody use those and get decent results? Still trying to get a grip on the 1 through 4 settings too.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Stick with 720x720 but go with smaller passes....like 6 pass for down and dirty and 10 or 12 pass for more precise work and solid colors. (* I don't know what pass settings you can set on the Mutoh....these numbers for reference)

rjssigns

Stick with 720x720 but go with smaller passes....like 6 pass for down and dirty and 10 or 12 pass for more precise work and solid colors. (* I don't know what pass settings you can set on the Mutoh....these numbers for reference)

Okay, I'll stick with 720x20 for now. I'll poke around in Flexi and see if there's a way to set pass count.

bannertime

Okay, I'll stick with 720x20 for now. I'll poke around in Flexi and see if there's a way to set pass count.

Yeah, there should be some type of Media Management option in the Printer Options tab. This for a HP Latex machine, but I'd assume that there is a similar option for other brands.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 263
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 220

rjssigns

Yeah, there should be some type of Media Management option in the Printer Options tab. This for a HP Latex machine, but I'd assume that there is a similar option for other brands.

Thanks for the info. First time running Flexi as a RIP.

rjssigns

Were you able to find it?

This screen gives me Graphics 1 through 4 settings along with a lot of custom settings. When I click on something other than whats in the canned profile I get the little caution sign.
Question is, will it use my new setting or revert to what's in the profile?

Attachments

• print mode.JPG
    print mode.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 193

rjssigns

Unless your machine has some type of override setting to ignore the RIP, the RIP settings should take priority.

Once I send to Production Manager it asks if I want to maintain or ignore RIP settings. I've been telling it to maintain but it still allows me to override. Just haven't messed with it yet. Busy.

RustyNZ

This screen gives me Graphics 1 through 4 settings along with a lot of custom settings. When I click on something other than whats in the canned profile I get the little caution sign.
Question is, will it use my new setting or revert to what's in the profile?

The profile will have only been created in the 720x720 resolution so when you get that caution sign it's telling you the profile wasn't created using that 'Print Mode'. It might still print satisfactorily, or it might not. Without changing that setting, I don't think you can individually change the number of passes lower, you can only change it to double the number of passes in the 'Passes' setting on the 'Printer Options' tab but that's not what you want to do.