• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manual vinyl applicator

Does anyone know what this device is called, and is there anything similar out there still available, in Canada? This one is old, and the rollers have become too distorted to work properly

We're looking at the table systems likes Rolls Roller, but they are very expensive. Wonder if there is anything cheaper out there?

20230213_132907.jpg

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
this looks like a "EZ-taper" laminator. we have one as well and we had the same issues. Worked great for years and then started to leave bubbles down the length of a print. We contacted the company. They were originally built in Australia and a Canadian company in Calgary bought them out and services them now. make a long story short, we were told the rollers were finished. Looked into having them replaced and the cost was more than a new laminator. LOL

We still have it and use it for small quick jobs. It still laminates smaller pieces well. Just can't do 48" wide or bigger without having the bubbles issue!

Evan Gillette

There was a similar company out of Arizona but I can't recall the name, I reached out to price one and never got a response. These type of devices are mostly marketed to municipal sign shops so you might have better luck using that for your searches.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Here is a photo of our "EZ-Taper" laminator. I also attached a photo of an ACP with laminate that was leaving bubbles.
Hard to see on photo but the bubbles are all the way up the 8ft length of the sheet. 3 rows as shown.

Attachments

• 20190207_123719.jpg
    20190207_123719.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 130
  • 20200422_101347.jpg
    20200422_101347.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 132