• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Many times automatic cleaning

Lucianoo23

Hi I had a problem with my Versacamm vp540, the machine print very well, but clean automatic many times at 1 job... please help me, its printing a meter of vinyl the printer clean 3 times!!!! and its not neccessary. Sorry about my poor english.

Merry Christmas from Argentina!!!

Saludos! Luciano.

cdiesel

There is a setting for periodic cleaning you can change. Press <Menu> and scroll down to the <Sub Menu>. Under the Sub Menu you should see an option for <Periodic Cleaning>. You can change this to any interval from 10 mins to 990 minutes. I'd have it set to run once a day in most cases.

Lucianoo23

thank you chris, but i still have the problem. A few days ago I change the ink (now I use bordeaux in a transparent cartdriges, but after this problem I used Redgiant inks in 440ml cartdriges) I think the problem is in the cartdriges because these news don´t have any chip like redgiants cartdriges) Is it probably??? thankyou for your response. Salute you. Luciano

threads1

Also, while printing, the machine self-cleans itself so the inks NOT being used won't dry and become clogged.

Lucianoo23

Thannk you!! tomorrow I go to talk with my technical service to fix this problem with new cartdriges with chip included. Very thank you!! Happy new year from argentina!

Luciano.

Lucianoo23

Well I have another question...did you have any idea, if I can power off / switch off this type of cleaning by menu/submenu or service mode menu?? thanks

Robert M

Auto cleaning

Yea, Roland added that feature to it's newer firmware. Use carts without chips and it will run cleans until the ink is empty, nice waste of ink and their way of spanking you for not using their ink in your machine. Just put a roland chip off an old cart on and you should be good.