Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marabu Inks

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Doombolt, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Doombolt

Doombolt New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Was wondering if anyone has switch to these Marabu UltraJet Inks. Our CET COLOR Inks have
    a terrible odor after printing even with fresh lamps and slow printing speeds. Thinking of changing inks but cant find a lot of info regarding the odor after curing.

Tags:
  2. chinaski

chinaski Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Finland
    We're using Marabu inks in our Arizona 460xt and have used DUV-A in the past with a Chinese flatbed. When we switched to Marabu from Oce our technician noted the odor was more present. The Marabu equivalent to Oce inks is the 258-series (best adhesion, smaller color gamut). I'd imagine the better the adhesion, the more odor will be present.

All considered, We've never had a customer complain about odor and most of our printing is indoors.

3. chinaski

chinaski Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Finland
    I'd agree with your general criticism, particularly weak blacks, but saying the inks smell "horribly strong" is hyperbole. It does have more smell than 257-series but I don't consider it horrible.

Ask Marabu to print some samples for you to see for yourself. Maybe Lipla is willing to do the same?