• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marabu Inks

Doombolt

Was wondering if anyone has switch to these Marabu UltraJet Inks. Our CET COLOR Inks have
a terrible odor after printing even with fresh lamps and slow printing speeds. Thinking of changing inks but cant find a lot of info regarding the odor after curing.

chinaski

Was wondering if anyone has switch to these Marabu UltraJet Inks. Our CET COLOR Inks have
a terrible odor after printing even with fresh lamps and slow printing speeds. Thinking of changing inks but cant find a lot of info regarding the odor after curing.

We're using Marabu inks in our Arizona 460xt and have used DUV-A in the past with a Chinese flatbed. When we switched to Marabu from Oce our technician noted the odor was more present. The Marabu equivalent to Oce inks is the 258-series (best adhesion, smaller color gamut). I'd imagine the better the adhesion, the more odor will be present.

All considered, We've never had a customer complain about odor and most of our printing is indoors.

chinaski

I'd agree with your general criticism, particularly weak blacks, but saying the inks smell "horribly strong" is hyperbole. It does have more smell than 257-series but I don't consider it horrible.

Ask Marabu to print some samples for you to see for yourself. Maybe Lipla is willing to do the same?