• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help "marbling" on vinyl

archerdesign

Hi...Was wondering if any of you have experienced this. Its been happening for the last couple of weeks. While printing we see this marbling effect. We have used BrightLine 4536 and Avery 3303 - both doing the exact same thing. Please help if you can! Thank you in advance.

Dave
Sunshine Coast, BC

Attachments

• vinyl.jpg
    vinyl.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 325

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Do you have any more photos of the material coming out of machine?

KMC

Graphic Artist
send the vinyl back its a problem with the roll we have had the same issue before (cant remember what brand it was it happened to us on)

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
2 different vinyls? Is that dark spot oily feeling? Like wet? Looks to me it's not drying/curing correctly.

Looks like bad vinyl to me. I would test something. I would load that vinyl back into the printer. Maybe opposite direction of the initial print. And print on it again. Full coverage to cover those white areas left on the original print. Then if the pattern it's making continues the same as before you have a material issue.

Not sure if that makes sense. But basically you can see that the marbling travels in a pattern. Not a reoccurring pattern but a random one. My suspicion is if you printed full color that the marbling would also travel through the white portions of the print and match with the opposite side of the gap. This means that the marbling is already in the vinyl and the print is just making it visible. Sheeting issue.

Last edited:

Kustom X

I have to agree it looks like contamination of the vinyl. I have had the same issue with 3M SV480 and it looked just like that.

archerdesign

Looks like bad vinyl to me. I would test something. I would load that vinyl back into the printer. Maybe opposite direction of the initial print. And print on it again. Full coverage to cover those white areas left on the original print. Then if the pattern it's making continues the same as before you have a material issue.

Not sure if that makes sense. But basically you can see that the marbling travels in a pattern. Not a reoccurring pattern but a random one. My suspicion is if you printed full color that the marbling would also travel through the white portions of the print and match with the opposite side of the gap. This means that the marbling is already in the vinyl and the print is just making it visible. Sheeting issue.

Thats a very good idea...I will try that. Thank you!