• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marine Grade Coating.....

jason_hamilton

A little help here please! I have a client that builds custom boat seats. He supplied me with a sample of the material he uses to test on. I have managed to print on the material using an HP L26500 and the prints look MUCH better than I thought. What I want to do now is add a protective coating to it. I called my supplier that I purchase my canvas coating from and they are at a loss. Are any of y'all doing this type of work, and if so, what are you using?

I'm still testing the material by running my curing temp up a little at a time to see if that helps, but so far, no luck.

Thank you,
Jason L. Hamilton

jason_hamilton

Here are the specs on the materials I am printing on. I'm worried that all the other coatings that are on it already, I'm going to have problems.

Flame Retardant: Classified as self-extinguishing according with SAE J 369 Jan. 94. Manufactured to meet motor vehicle standard 302 and California Tech Bulletin 117.

• Abrasion Resistant: Protected with special finish to conform to: MF-MH BN 82. Wyzenbeck/CFFA-1; Federal Standard 191A. Method 5304

• UV Light Resistant: Protected with special agents and formulated with UV light resistant pigments, with over 1,000 hours ultraviolet resistance.

• Mildew Resistant: Back & Face protected to conform with ASTM G21

• Heat Sealable

• Can be treated for FAR Specification.

• Topcoat lacquered with TAS-1 advanced vinyl protection.

SPECIFICATIONS
Weight: Oz./1.yd 30
Thickness: Mils 44
Width: Inches 54
Breaking Strength: Lbs./In 100
Tear Strength: Lbs. 22
Cold Crack: OF -10
Backing: 100% Knitted Polyester

Flame Retardant: Classified as self-extinguishing according with SAE J 369 Jan. 94. Manufactured to meet motor vehicle standard 302 and California Tech Bulletin 117.
  • Abrasion Resistant: Protected with special finish to conform to: MF-MH BN 82. Wyzenbeck/CFFA-1; Federal Standard 191A. Method 5304

• UV Light Resistant: Protected with special agents and formulated with UV light resistant pigments, with over 1,000 hours ultraviolet resistance.

• Mildew Resistant: Back & Face protected to conform with ASTM G21

• Heat Sealable

• Can be treated for FAR Specification.

• Topcoat lacquered with TAS-1 advanced vinyl protection.

SPECIFICATIONS
Weight: Oz./1.yd 26
Thickness: Mils 37
Width: Inches 54
Breaking Strength: Lbs./In 100
Tear Strength: Lbs. 22
Cold Crack: OF -10
Backing: 100% Knitted Polyester