• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marine plywood with vinyl

Z SIGNS

Ahh the old What if I bring you the board customer

Nice stack of signs there Baz.

I like your stacking jig.

I like that picture.
Something about it makes me smile.

Baz

Although we use plywood less and less there's always that feeling you get that comes with the smell of dust/oil paint that is comforting.
Reminiscent of days gone by ....

I also get a smile looking at that stack holding a beer and feeling at home. :thumb:

player

Marine grade plywood if i am not mistaken should be Crezon. It should have a thin brown paper coating if it is raw.
It also comes pre-painted (although i am not a fan).

If you apply your vinyl to raw wood. It will fail prematurely.

Here we have 25 sheets of 1/2" Crezon with one coat of oil based primer and one coat of oil based paint. (lightly sanded and cleaned between coats)
Ready to accept full prints :thumb:

Would you tell me if the "racking" pieces are just stacked on each other or are they screwed together? I know the small pieces are screwed on, but I mean one rack that is on top of the next... are they just balanced there or?

Baz

Would you tell me if the "racking" pieces are just stacked on each other or are they screwed together? I know the small pieces are screwed on, but I mean one rack that is on top of the next... are they just balanced there or?

The racking pieces just sit one on top of the other. They are 55" long 1"x4" with 6", 2"x2" end pieces.
It helps to be against a wall (in our case the garage door) to hold against when we slide the plywood accross to the ends.

I can stack about 20 sheets freely ... Over that it helps to screw both rack sections with a support brace on an angle ... I have stacked about 35 sheets that way.