Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marketing

Discussion in 'Polls' started by wgsengraving, Sep 24, 2015.

What works best for you in finding new customers?

1. Word of mouth

31 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. Mail campaign

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yellow Page ad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Internet advertising

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. wgsengraving

wgsengraving Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Gainesville, FL
    :thankyou:

Tags:
  2. Mikesbales

Mikesbales Member

Jun 16, 2015
    I traded a local country radio station some banners for 140 10 sec. radio ads. They just started yesterday and my phone has been blowing up!

3. BannerStandDeals

BannerStandDeals Member

Jun 20, 2015
    I have a feeling that will be a good trade :)

4. wgsengraving

wgsengraving Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Gainesville, FL
    That worked out well. :thumb:

5. sophiarivera07

sophiarivera07 New Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Nowadays custom promotional products is good advertising & marketing tool. you can print anything on it. it's good marketing strategy.

6. wgsengraving

wgsengraving Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Gainesville, FL
    That is quite true. Some shops do give out promotional items to its customers. Most of those customers are happy to receive the little mementos of their visit.

A pen, ruler, or magnet can act as advertisement -- items that they will use often work best. Mouse pads are bit more expensive, but they are right there on the desk where many customers do their work.

7. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    Marketing is the activity of gaining new clients and I think you have to "aim" at the kind of clients you want....Giving out promotional products is more about client retention....Although if "aimed" correctly they can have some marketing success....As far as marketing, nothing beats knocking on doors......Now this does not mean you have to hit the streets....An direct marketing campaign by mail or phone can also work....Throwing mud at a wall and hoping it sticks can be expensive and can result in minimal success....

8. Pete Moss

Pete Moss Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Duluth, MN
    Word of mouth and sales people hitting the streets and phones. With them too, it pays off ten fold with a reference or point of contact.