• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marketing

What works best for you in finding new customers?

• Word of mouth

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • Mail campaign

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow Page ad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internet advertising

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

Mikesbales

I traded a local country radio station some banners for 140 10 sec. radio ads. They just started yesterday and my phone has been blowing up!

sophiarivera07

Nowadays custom promotional products is good advertising & marketing tool. you can print anything on it. it's good marketing strategy.

wgsengraving

Nowadays custom promotional products is good advertising & marketing tool. you can print anything on it. it's good marketing strategy.

That is quite true. Some shops do give out promotional items to its customers. Most of those customers are happy to receive the little mementos of their visit.

A pen, ruler, or magnet can act as advertisement -- items that they will use often work best. Mouse pads are bit more expensive, but they are right there on the desk where many customers do their work.

royster13

Marketing is the activity of gaining new clients and I think you have to "aim" at the kind of clients you want....Giving out promotional products is more about client retention....Although if "aimed" correctly they can have some marketing success....As far as marketing, nothing beats knocking on doors......Now this does not mean you have to hit the streets....An direct marketing campaign by mail or phone can also work....Throwing mud at a wall and hoping it sticks can be expensive and can result in minimal success....

Pete Moss

Word of mouth and sales people hitting the streets and phones. With them too, it pays off ten fold with a reference or point of contact.