• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marking, scratching on printed vinyl.

Goatshaver

On thicker vinyl, 6mil, after it's printed and had a chance to off gas, I notice that it easily marks and with some pressure it will scratch, but it marks very easily. I don't seem to have this happen on thinner vinyl, 3mil.

What can I do to prevent this?

CanuckSigns

The epson inks seem to scratch fairly easily. the Latex machines have much better scratch resistance but at a lower quality finished product.

You can get cheap laminate with no UV properties for around $80/roll, it wouldn't add too much to the cost, probally less expensive then checking for scratched decals and redoing them.

Goatshaver

The epson inks seem to scratch fairly easily. the Latex machines have much better scratch resistance but at a lower quality finished product.

You can get cheap laminate with no UV properties for around $80/roll, it wouldn't add too much to the cost, probally less expensive then checking for scratched decals and redoing them.

Where the heck can I find laminate that cheap? I can't find anything non UV under $150.