• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Markup on Real Estate Frames?

Locals Find!

Quick question for everyone. I have been seeing lots of local shops not marking up there real estate frames very much. I mean a few $ at most.

I have always marked up more significantly my cost of the frames under the impression of what good is a real estate sign without a frame to hold it?

What is your opinion? Do you markup decently or just a few $ ??

iSign

decent markup... not cheap to store, and if someone wants a frame without buying a sign, I either say no, or I mark up even more...

TheSnowman

For me, it's the shipping of just one or two at a time. We don't do a ton of them, but when we do, I know we mark them up more than a few bucks. Unless you have a local supplier, that wouldn't work well in my case.

mark in tx

Too many people willing to cut the price to cost as soon as a real estate agent starts complaining.

I just don't deal with agents anymore, brokers are the way to go.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i double my cost...been doing it that way since forever....and like iSign, if they just want the frame, the cost goes higher....

like step stakes for example...i pretty much work them into the cost of the sign....but if you come in and want just the stake, $3/pc...if they really want it, they'll pay for it...and if not, i don't really care...if they would've had me make the signs for them, they'd have the stakes....same goes for frames....

B-RAD Graphics

i double my cost...been doing it that way since forever....and like iSign, if they just want the frame, the cost goes higher....

like step stakes for example...i pretty much work them into the cost of the sign....but if you come in and want just the stake, $3/pc...if they really want it, they'll pay for it...and if not, i don't really care...if they would've had me make the signs for them, they'd have the stakes....same goes for frames....

ditto:thumb:

Brandon708

Yeah, We only mark up the frame $3 when they buy the sign. I wish the frames where cheaper. There is only so much you can sell a real estate frame for. If they just want the frame we mark up even more.

Locals Find!

Yeah, We only mark up the frame $3 when they buy the sign. I wish the frames where cheaper. There is only so much you can sell a real estate frame for. If they just want the frame we mark up even more.

That seems to be the philosophy of most of the shops around here.

Interesting from my point of view, Supply and Demand really should play a bigger role here in my opinion we have the supply and once they purchase a sign they have the demand. Putting us in the unique position of being able to fill the demand. Its not like your customers can go to Home Depot yet and buy real estate frames. Even though as a I type this some executive is probably calculating out how to do just that.

iSign

Lowe's has had them for years out here.. not as good, so I still ship in the better ones, but I've marked up a few Lowe's ones too...