• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marquee to EMC Retrofit

Hitecsignsinc

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have an idea who I can turn to for a 2'x8' EMC that slides into extruded tracking from an old acrylic changeable copy board better known as a marquee sign. I got the hot rod poker from 2 company's that purchased from ProLite are they are telling me they cant get them after they quoted me and I landed the job. It is basically an acrylic face with the message board built from behind. I know I know RIP off from A Chinese based company. I have a good customer that wanted something to get by. I normally call Watchfire for all my needs but the price point nor their budget would fall into range for that. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Southpaw1

I've tried to help clients who want to retrofit their old cabinets but I haven't found a good resource where the sizes are comparable because of different pitch sizes. I normally approach them with a whole new display. I don't end up selling many because they are expensive.
All components for EMCs are manufactured in China anyway. There are assembly plants here in the US but they still get their components from there. If your customer can handle the cost of getting through customs and transport to you that's the way to go.