Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquee to EMC Retrofit

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Hitecsignsinc, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Hitecsignsinc

Hitecsignsinc New Member

Apr 9, 2013
    South Carolina
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone have an idea who I can turn to for a 2'x8' EMC that slides into extruded tracking from an old acrylic changeable copy board better known as a marquee sign. I got the hot rod poker from 2 company's that purchased from ProLite are they are telling me they cant get them after they quoted me and I landed the job. It is basically an acrylic face with the message board built from behind. I know I know RIP off from A Chinese based company. I have a good customer that wanted something to get by. I normally call Watchfire for all my needs but the price point nor their budget would fall into range for that. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Tags:
  2. Southpaw1

Southpaw1 Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Arkansas
    I've tried to help clients who want to retrofit their old cabinets but I haven't found a good resource where the sizes are comparable because of different pitch sizes. I normally approach them with a whole new display. I don't end up selling many because they are expensive.
    All components for EMCs are manufactured in China anyway. There are assembly plants here in the US but they still get their components from there. If your customer can handle the cost of getting through customs and transport to you that's the way to go.