• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marriages Doubling Up

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Well, my baby girl is engaged as I've previously told you. Just got a call from my youngest son... and....... he is too! Now, if we could just convince them to have a double wedding so my son's fiance's family could split the cost with me. Wondering how to bring it up....

wolf

All you need to do is plant the seed and if they are interested they will bring it up. What I would do is hold a "congratulations" family dinner or BBQ and invite the other family including sons, daughters, kids etc.

Make sure you have a cake with a congratulatory message on each half of the cake to each couple.

Then do a congratulations speech congratulating both parties.

Don't need to do anymore than that. I think the other family can put 2 and 2 together and if they are interested they may suggest this.

I think by asking directly it may become an awkward situation.

Hope this helps.

Marlene

don't double it up or suggest it unless the kids think of it themselves. each couple will want to make their own plans for the type of wedding they want to have. congrats to both of your kids!

10sacer

I must have missed where she got engaged. Congrats, but which one did she choose?

I vacated the other thread when it got into the philosphical debate of discussing one's kills. Unless you have heard the bees buzzing by your head... you don't get to have an opinion on this is my feeling.

SD&F

Congratulations.....I think. This can be a touchy subject. I don't know if the guys would mind, but young women can be very sensitive on this issue. They have been thinking about this day for a long time and want to be the center of attention. If you bring it up to anyone, it would need to be your daughter. I don't think that it should go any further than that so as not to alienate anyone from the get go. Good Luck and many happy days ahead.

WildWestDesigns

Congratulations.....I think. This can be a touchy subject. I don't know if the guys would mind, but young women can be very sensitive on this issue. They have been thinking about this day for a long time and want to be the center of attention. If you bring it up to anyone, it would need to be your daughter. I don't think that it should go any further than that so as not to alienate anyone from the get go. Good Luck and many happy days ahead.

That. It has been my experience that women, be it the brides to be or the mothers, have very definitive ideas about that special day and that can create a mess if you try to have wedding for both parties. It's hard enough getting one woman satisfied with the plans on that special day, I can't imagine trying to get 2 to be happy.

About the only thing that I can see that would be saved by doing both would actually be the venue that it is held. I can see see a divergence from there on out. It may be a dream to work with both of them and getting everything done, but the odds are astronomically against it.

signswi

Encourage them both to elope by hinting constantly how much of a disaster a big family wedding will be. Continuously make asides about embarrassing things you're going to do during toasts, etc.

Of course I've always found it crazy that families pay for weddings...my wife and I paid our own way. Of course my little sister had a huge wedding at a country club that cost a bazillion dollars...

SignManiac

I think a double barrel wedding can only end badly. Hell, one wedding is bad enough but two? Disaster looms.

Locals Find!

Buy 4 tickets to Vegas and give them to each couple as engagement gifts. Wouldn't hurt to book them each in honeymoon suites and drop a few bucks on the concierge to make it appear that no other rooms were available.

5 nights in Vegas should do the trick and be less than the cost of a wedding for one couple. Its amazing what some glitz, glam, some gambling and a healthy serving of of booze can accomplish in these situations.

LSSigns

Buy 4 tickets to Vegas and give them to each couple as engagement gifts. Wouldn't hurt to book them each in honeymoon suites and drop a few bucks on the concierge to make it appear that no other rooms were available.

5 nights in Vegas should do the trick and be less than the cost of a wedding for one couple. Its amazing what some glitz, glam, some gambling and a healthy serving of of booze can accomplish in these situations.

:goodpost: addie, that's perfect!

SignManiac

I watched a program last week on Indian weddings. $200,000.00 is not uncommon there. The reason being, gold is a huge part of the Indian culture. It's a status symbol and a very important part of their social standing. India is the world's largest consumer of gold, accounting for some 20 percent of the world's demand.
Glad I don't live there!

Si Allen

Elope? Hahahahahahahhaaaaaa..........

When my daughter was planning on getting married ... I offered $10,000 if they would elope!

She just laughed and said that I was not going to get away that cheap!