• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Mascots in Gyms

billsines

I was looking at a mascot on a gym wall yesterday. It has to be 16' square. I was wondering if anyone here does those. I don't need one, I'm just wondering. A few questions arise:

1.) Cost?

2.) Time?

3.) Is it totally freestyle or is there some mask or stencil used?

4.) Is this all you do? Seems to me once you paint one, it will be years before you return.

AKwrapguy

I was looking at a mascot on a gym wall yesterday. It has to be 16' square. I was wondering if anyone here does those. I don't need one, I'm just wondering. A few questions arise:

1.) Cost?

2.) Time?

3.) Is it totally freestyle or is there some mask or stencil used?

4.) Is this all you do? Seems to me once you paint one, it will be years before you return.

Not sure where 'here' is but we do building/wall graphics all the time. At 16', depending on location, type of wall, you could be looking at anywhere from 2-6 hours. Most of them are printed than applied to the wall.

Sandman

That's typical Wall Dog work. Most of the time they will project the image on the wall, then use stabilo to draw the lines, then paint with the appropriate brush, fitches for rough surface and quills for smooth. Large areas are rolled. Cost & time? Depends completely on the complexity of the art and your skill level with a brush. I've done hundreds of school logos and some at 16 feet I could knock off in 3 or 4 hours, others might take 2 or 3 days. The three mascots I did here range from fairly simple to very complex.
Jags.jpg
Titans.jpg
Lyons Lions.jpg