Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masking in Flexi Pro 8.2

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Gordy Saunders, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    I scanned in an image. Traced it with the beize tool. Click on the outline that I traced and then holding the shift key click on the background that I want to mask. I go to the masking tool and click mask and everything disappears and only the outline remains.

What is going on?

Tags:
  2. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Bump - Need Help

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The vector path must be on top. Check for your layer order.

4. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    I checked my layer order. The vector path is on top. If I pull a circle off the tool bar and drop it on the image in wire frame and mask it - it works fine. It just won't work with the beizer tool. It has always worked before. Does anyone have any ideas about what has happened?

5. tmsigns

tmsigns Member

Apr 16, 2006
    memphis tn
  6. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Is the shape drawn with the bezier tool a closed path? It sounds like it may not be.

7. QuickSignsSA

QuickSignsSA Member

Nov 22, 2008
    A little off topic, but how do I update to Flexi 8.2? I have flexi 8.1. Logged into flexi's website, and could not find that update... hmmm

8. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The current upgrade for Flexi for Windows is 8.6.1. You have to be given the link to download it.