• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Masking Question

pinegrove

How does anybody hold down vinyl while Masking
I seem to have problem with curling & static causing
vinyl sticking before I am able to squeege it.

Jackpine

Welcome to the group. If you are using clear tape it will cause static that can be troublesome. If paper start on one end and get it started with the application tape on the table and the vinyl then squeegee it down. Or get a "Big Squeegee" and watch the vedio that comes with it. The merchant is located at the bottom of the page.

cOrKinSA

Oh and the PORTABLE & ADJUSTABLE APPLICATION TAPE HOLDER from Henry (A Merchant Member here) will help you out.

imaSIGNr

A tape holder is a good idea. One can be made fairly cheap from pvc pipe. Also if you're using clear, take a "Bounce" pad and wipe the roll with it first. It will get rid of the static.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The Big Squeegee eliminates the static you get with other applicators. It will also flatten the graphic out as the tape is applied.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Tape the corners to the table and mask right over the tape. If you didn't leave enough margin to do this then you didn't leave enough margin.