Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass Cutter Help Please

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by JohnnyRoadkill, May 30, 2012.

1. JohnnyRoadkill

JohnnyRoadkill New Member

May 15, 2012
    Sunny, no raining Seattle
    I have a KW-tri0 3947 that my company aquired in a merger. It was doing fine then it stopped cutting the last three pages of any stack of cardstock. Does anyone know of any places that repair a machine like this? I have searched the interwebs and can only find places out of the country...I am in Washington State.
    Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    J

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    just drop 3 blanks at the bottom :thumb:

kidding, no help here, but

welcome from cali :thumb:

3. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Most likely just needs someone who is mechanically inclined to put a wrench on it and make an adjustment.

4. JohnnyRoadkill

JohnnyRoadkill New Member

May 15, 2012
    Sunny, no raining Seattle
    we have taken a wrench to it...seems like the blade is bent maybe...my co-worker will love the "put 3 extra pages under it"...the only customer service for the thing is in Hong Kong...at least it was free...LOL
    Thanks!

5. 300mphGraphics

300mphGraphics Active Member

Aug 15, 2006
    arizona
    The knife comes down and cuts through the paper contacting the red cutting stick. Does the red cutting stick have a deep groove in it? The stick can be turned to a new spot so it cuts like new. Usually a couple screws to loosen and the stick pops out and can be rotated to a new spot. That should do it.

There also should be an adjustment to have the knife go lower to make better contact with the stick. Each cutter is different.

If you still have trouble, any print shop cutter technician should be able to help on site. Ask the local print shop who they use.