• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

massive order came in

thehamsterman

Just received a massive order:

75 laminated posters with grommets and suction cups

35 double sided PVC signs

15 banners

1 box truck wrap

All due by the end of next week. Looks like i'll be busy.

thehamsterman

Hope it is not for some Reverend that wants to pay with a credit card!

He said he'd send me a certified check for twice the amount! then all i have to do is cash it, send the items back, and send him half of his check back. he's in africa, but business is business i guess. ITS A PERFECT DEAL FOR ME!!

but seriously, they're a local consignment chain that just started franchising and opened up a new branch about an hour from here. Both my printers are humming along and i've got all my materials ready to go.

thehamsterman

I just to know more about your signs101 name.

i think you a word.

if you're asking about the username, its just one i've used since i was in elementary school. I had hamsters as a kid and i wasn't too creative, so when i was trying to think up a name, i just started looking around my bedroom and saw the hamster cage.

to make me angry, my best friend made his user name 'the Manhamster" hes still a jerk.

Mosh

Massive? I bet you have your shop at your house don't you?
That would be a light week here.

David Wright

Always interesting to hear about peoples handles.

Hamsters, my granddaughter just got her first, named Ash. Supposedly from some movie. We have had many funerals for them when my daughter was growing up. Sacred ground in the backyard.:rolleyes:

As far as the order goes, that a big one for most shops, let alone the little dig about a home business.

Mosh

Most home shops I know are some softball playing, goatee wearing guy who
could have made the major leagues but some coach screwed him along the way.
He got a sticker cuttin machine cause you charge too much. Come on it is
"just a sticker"....that is what I think of home shops for the most part!

thehamsterman

progress pic.

Attachments

• _MG_9597.jpg
    _MG_9597.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 102

syn1ders

Stick it to em..

taint nuttin wrong wit a little bump and grind, speaking of grind; any work generated in the sign industry is a plus for us all. most of you guys are probably new jacks(less than 20 years)in the business. I was makin signs for moses you remember the 2 tablets well whodya thunk did dat.-me that's who. But,cyriously (pun intended) some people are full of themselves and are quick to denigrate someone whom they preceive to be weaker or not as great. Over the last few decades I 've probably done more signs than is legally permissable but it don't mean jack if at the end of the day I don't have enough humility to cheer my sign buddy on when good things happen. (mo' money, mo money, mo money.) also having a goatee (bro-tache) is cool think of all the snacks you can have, and the honey's love it.
Well that's it for now gotta go & take my tonic , gin and tonic that is.
C-YA :bushmill::iamwithstupid PS I wish I could have a shop in my home, instead of a home in my shop!

thehamsterman

taint nuttin wrong wit a little bump and grind, speaking of grind; any work generated in the sign industry is a plus for us all. most of you guys are probably new jacks(less than 20 years)in the business. I was makin signs for moses you remember the 2 tablets well whodya thunk did dat.-me that's who. But,cyriously (pun intended) some people are full of themselves and are quick to denigrate someone whom they preceive to be weaker or not as great. Over the last few decades I 've probably done more signs than is legally permissable but it don't mean jack if at the end of the day I don't have enough humility to cheer my sign buddy on when good things happen. (mo' money, mo money, mo money.) also having a goatee (bro-tache) is cool think of all the snacks you can have, and the honey's love it.
Well that's it for now gotta go & take my tonic , gin and tonic that is.
C-YA :bushmill::iamwithstupid PS I wish I could have a shop in my home, instead of a home in my shop!

i'm not quite sure what you just said, but i thank you for it.

thehamsterman

You seemed so enthusiastic about my shop, i decided to take another picture.

Here are some sliding pocket doors i designed to block off the install bay from the print room. this helps keep the temp and humidity under check.

the material is polygal, with aluminum strips around the edge and sliding closet door hanger things up on the top.

Attachments

• _MG_9598-1.JPG
    _MG_9598-1.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 80
  • _MG_9602-1.JPG
    _MG_9602-1.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 102