• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master Laminator wrinkling

Knep

I just bought a 63" Master, its an older unit, made in 2008. I have laminated 30" material just fine on it for a few weeks. I went to do a 54" piece and its like it bunched up in the middle and creased/wrinkled it. Could I have to much pressure? I use to have a 38" Diage laminator, this is my first wider one. I am also pre cutting the laminate and taping the start of it to the vinyl, this is how ive always done it in my shop and the other 4 shops ive worked in over the years...

Thanks,
Mike

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Sounds as though your rollers may not have even pressure all the way across, since it's pulling more in the middle than at the edges. Adjusting that would, more than likely, solve your problem. I recall a thread on here somewhere that walked you through getting all the tensions/pressures/etc right, but I can't remember how long ago it was.

FatCat

A tip I can share about the Master/Worf brand laminators is to never use any add'l pressure when laminating. The problem you are describing sounds exactly what would be the outcome if you tightened the screws beyond going slack. The weight of the roller should be more than sufficient to produce a nice, smooth lamination. All you need to do is equally lower the roller down and once the knobs go slack, that's it.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Sounds like too much pressure to me also, back off a bit on the pressure, I like it just barely snug.