• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

KH t's n Signs

I need some help and not sure if this is possible. I have a customer that had an old airstream redone as a food truck. They gave me paint codes of an orange color to use that in their logo. Is there a way to transfer those codes to CMYK? I tried scouring here and google and couldn't figure it out.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Paint codes often don't even cross over between brands of paint let alone other values. Same as pantones often don't cross over to paint codes. You can try to match a pantone book to it, scan the color or get a pint of paint, spray that and match it.

Dale D

COLOR MUSE Colorimeter - Mobile Color Matching Tool - Instantly identify closest matching paint colors, products, and digital color values https://a.co/d/arGRWnI

As a cheap ($60) alternative and I've used it many times... I scan the color and it will give you the rgb,cmyk, and lab. It's not as accurate as an Xrite, but I have matched closer than the eye can see. I got it a long time ago from Sherwin Williams.

Ronny Axelsson

Is there a way to transfer those codes to CMYK?
Many orange colors are more or less impossible to convert to CMYK, they often tend to look "dirty" and dull in comparison.
Make some test prints with orange CMYK mixes and Pantone colors to see what you can achieve, then discuss with your client before spending too much time and money.

garyroy

Of all colors to run into! Orange is one of the toughest.
Many printer manufacturers have gone so far as to add an orange ink cartridge to get closer.
I'd print some swatches on your vinyl and then bring them to the truck and compare.
An exact match would be tough. Send us some pics when your finished..