• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

material advance before job starts cutting

letterman7

I know I had it before, but with a computer reset and clean out it seems my settings have been changed. A Summa T750 - when I send a job to plot, the machine will roll off as much material as it thinks it needs before actually cutting the job, i.e. if the plot length is 8', the machine will roll 8' off before it starts cutting. I know there's a setting either on the machine or in CoCut to stop that, but I can't find it. Anyone?

J Hill Designs

no idea what it would be called, but I would look for some command with a name like 'prefeed material'

what program are you cutting from?

edit: in omega its called pre-shuffle under device select in GSplot

letterman7

I'm using CoCut out of Corel. Can't find anything related to 'prefeed'. There might be something with 'sort before output' so I'll have to investigate that.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It is actually a good thing to have enabled. If you have a full roll on and the cut speeds are pretty high you can potentially damage a motor or have material slip when at high speed it suddenly jerks against the weight of the entire roll. It is called pre-feed or pre-load or something along those lines though. If you download Summa cutter control you can turn it off or on at the machine level (or on the machines control panel) - at least on our S160 but if your cutting software is sending the command to enable it that will override the machine setting.