• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material choices....

Billct2

https://issuu.com/signbuilderillustrated/docs/sign_builder_may_2020/10
I was looking though Sign Builder and saw this story about a "wrap" job for a concrete stadium. When I see a job like this I wonder what is the best way to do it. In this case it was done with a material made for an exterior
rough surface that has an 18 month life expectancy with laminate. They don't say if there were restrictions on the job, like no fasteners allowed, but it isn't for a promotional event, it's "permanent". Without having the exact size it's hard to estimate, but I would think painting the concrete and then either hand lettering the graphics or applying with vinyl would be a more long term option and maybe cheaper too.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
A lot of people use wraps in applications that they really shouldn't. Customers are sold a line of garbage about them and often times think they are superior to painting. Think about how much fun that will be to remove vs rolling a new color over top of a painted surface.

karst41

3m has media for this application.
Not trying to promote but the folks at Grimco probably have this in stock.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
https://issuu.com/signbuilderillustrated/docs/sign_builder_may_2020/10
I was looking though Sign Builder and saw this story about a "wrap" job for a concrete stadium. When I see a job like this I wonder what is the best way to do it. In this case it was done with a material made for an exterior
rough surface that has an 18 month life expectancy with laminate. They don't say if there were restrictions on the job, like no fasteners allowed, but it isn't for a promotional event, it's "permanent". Without having the exact size it's hard to estimate, but I would think painting the concrete and then either hand lettering the graphics or applying with vinyl would be a more long term option and maybe cheaper too.
I had the same thought when I read this article. It kinda stressed me to think about all that color and panel alignment. I agree a better long term solution would be to paint the red and do vinyl decals for the graphic pieces. We have done this before and it holds up really well. I am not a sign painter at all, but painting a solid color like this is pretty simple. I think most newcomers to this industry just don't want to paint at all.