• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material for making jigs?

winterk80

Hello friends,

I've recently purchased a flatbed printer 8'x4'. I need something to catch the overspray that I can reuse as my material is 11.7mm tall. I'm told if I don't make a jig for the outside of the signs to catch overspray I will have an ink vortex that will get on the heads on the overspray area. (my signs are circles and ovals with a 0.15" bleed on the edges).

What material would you suggest to make resusable jigs out of? It needs to be 11mm thick.

I'm thinking I will cover the entire surface of the flatbed printer with this material and cut out holes for the signs to sit in. I have a laser at my disposal and I could also probably find a local cnc guy to cut the shapes for the signs to fit into out of the jig if needed. Thanks in advance for your advice! :smile: