• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material for Race Cars

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I've used arlon 4560 GTX with great success. I only use it for one driver because he pays. The rest, I make quite clear where the door is when I tell them the price even for cut single color graphics. "My logo on your hood does me absolutely no good". That's my new slogan. That's all I need...every other driver knowing where you got a deal. Still every year, more and more come through the door asking for one. I gave on guy the price this year and he said, "I didn't budget in for that much, I have to pay for the car parts motor ect." I said, well maybe that's something you and every other driver should start adding into your budget. Your sponsors are paying for a spot on your car and that's the one thing your not budgeting in???? He had to exclude a few sponsors because my price was too high. He mainly got the numbers (they are mandatory). So some other sponsors that paid this guy, got left off. As you can tell, I don't like dealing with these guys.

Jackpine

I do 3 cars a year for 2 owners. They pay my price because they want to look good. They love 3621 removable vinyl or any other removable material and pay more for the easy removable. Florescent vinyl they pay 1.5% my cost plus the cost to cut or print the lettering. I've printed on Permacast florescent orange with black for 2 color numbers. I do no wraps and use what is easiest and works for me.

Mosh

I've used arlon 4560 GTX with great success. I only use it for one driver because he pays. The rest, I make quite clear where the door is when I tell them the price even for cut single color graphics. "My logo on your hood does me absolutely no good". That's my new slogan. That's all I need...every other driver knowing where you got a deal. Still every year, more and more come through the door asking for one. I gave on guy the price this year and he said, "I didn't budget in for that much, I have to pay for the car parts motor ect." I said, well maybe that's something you and every other driver should start adding into your budget. Your sponsors are paying for a spot on your car and that's the one thing your not budgeting in???? He had to exclude a few sponsors because my price was too high. He mainly got the numbers (they are mandatory). So some other sponsors that paid this guy, got left off. As you can tell, I don't like dealing with these guys.

EXACTLY! Yeah I will put my logo on your car so I will have 50 other losers bugging me to "sponsor" them. I tell them I sponsor myself!!!

Premier Wraps

If I'm going to spend my money on your race car graphics I might as well sponsor my own team. Which I do. My son runs 3 different types of cars. 2 quarter midgets and a mini sprint. Cars are fully wrapped. I have a way better time spending my money on my stuff to go racing. Then give it to some no name dude to run the local short and get nothing in return. I did tell a guy I'd put my logo on his car like he asked, but on my terms. He pays full price for everything. And if he screws it up I'll sell him the fix at wholesale. He didn't like that idea.

Wrapdup

the comment on niche market is correct.

We use arlon 4560. We did around 45-50 dirt track cars this year already and for the abuse that racecars take it holds up well and is cheap. I have it on my own racecar and am pleased with it. Has some tenting around rivets, but with racecars that's usually the least of your worries.

TDFcustomSL

What are people using for the fluorescent vinyls? I see so many different "colors" of fluorescent vinyls on the track. Just curious what the most brand is.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not just paint it on ?? The paint will last a long time compared to the vinyl crap.

Wrapdup

with all the sponsors and designs to make each car different it is not cost effective. sponsors come and go, and bodies get beat up. some cars make a body last a year, many put 2 or 3 on throughout the season. guys that used to paint around here got $800-$1000 due to the time it took to make all the sponsors.

plus we print alot of replacement panels, where they can just replace the piece of body they need and we just send them that piece, instead of having to line up a guy to come out and paint it to match

Jackpine

permacast Fellers

I use Permacast from Fellers.

QUOTE=TDFcustomSL;1113931]What are people using for the fluorescent vinyls? I see so many different "colors" of fluorescent vinyls on the track. Just curious what the most brand is.[/QUOTE]

FTG

Good comment on the niche market. I don't understand all the bashing on race car drivers, maybe it's better around here. I've gotten stiffed by more regular joes and businesses then I ever have from racers. Our logo goes on every car we do, with no sponsorship involved. Racers also love window stickers trailer wraps/decals and t shirts. Which they all pay full price for. We do around 50-60 race wraps a year and make a pretty good chunk of money off of it and we've gotten a ton of commercial contracts from racers too, but then again 95% of racers around here own their own business or are farmers that have plenty of money to spend.

TDFcustomSL

Good comment on the niche market. I don't understand all the bashing on race car drivers, maybe it's better around here. I've gotten stiffed by more regular joes and businesses then I ever have from racers. Our logo goes on every car we do, with no sponsorship involved. Racers also love window stickers trailer wraps/decals and t shirts. Which they all pay full price for. We do around 50-60 race wraps a year and make a pretty good chunk of money off of it and we've gotten a ton of commercial contracts from racers too, but then again 95% of racers around here own their own business or are farmers that have plenty of money to spend.

:goodpost:

I agree with you, racers around here have deep pockets.

Mosh

My best friend races IMCA mods and finishes in the top 20 NATIONAL points every year for the last 10 years....I know lots of racers...94% are tight-wads, 5% are losers, 1% are OK!!!

Wrapdup

^^ you know the wrong racers then...

agreed, most racers around our area have big checkbooks. TDFcustomSL hit the nail on the head. Drivers love the trailer wraps, banners, ect..... And most racers are pretty happy to show off their stuff, so we have had MANY referrals come from race wraps.

only been in business a couple years and have had 1 out of probably 100 race car drivers stiff us. In that same time we have had multiple random customers flee the coop though.

TDFcustomSL

^^ you know the wrong racers then...

agreed, most racers around our area have big checkbooks. TDFcustomSL hit the nail on the head. Drivers love the trailer wraps, banners, ect..... And most racers are pretty happy to show off their stuff, so we have had MANY referrals come from race wraps.

only been in business a couple years and have had 1 out of probably 100 race car drivers stiff us. In that same time we have had multiple random customers flee the coop though.

Thanks for the credit but I just quoted racewraps :). Of course if someone has the money to pay for decent graphics then they probably have a car worthy of looking good, around here the ya that want it done for free or almost free don't have cars worthy of looking good unless they just want them to look pretty sitting in the infield during the race :smile: Then again there are guys who will spend the money, and those guys will spend anywhere from 500 and up and most will install themselves.