• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material for Small signs...vehicle mags...Epson GS6000

PromoGuyTy

Wondering your guys recommendations for an adhesive vinyl to use with our Epson GS6000.

Currently for small signs (like 24x36) and vehicle mags we use Oracal 3651...but find that we need to use app tape to ensure laydown without bubbles...

We'd rather just use a thicker adhesive vinyl and not apply app tape.

(keep in mind that we don't own or desire a laminator)

(And, yes, I know we could use something like the BS lay down lam on top of the pieces...but we prefer to just use thicker vinyl)

One of you guys have a thicker adhesive vinyl you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Sidenote: Have used it only for a few weeks, but we are very happy with our new GS6000 in our low production shop. We love the speed, quality, display interface, documentation, and support. And, heck, we love the take-up reel. ('Course we replaced a Mutoh Falcon, so we expected to be happy...)

Letterbox Mike

Give General Formulations' 203 gloss a try. We replaced 3651 with it a few years ago and haven't looked back. Prints great and has a bit more "body" to it so it doesn't get nearly as soft. However, if you're hand applying and not mounting through a laminator, premask may still be needed.

And get a laminator, if just for mounting, it'll change your life!

Bill Modzel

Oracal 3164 is a .004" vinyl and a bit thicker and stiffer than the other Oracal vinyls. We use it on all of our "cheaper" products like small decals and coro signs.