• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material for Wall Graphics

SAR.Summerlin

I have a customer who wants us to redo his wall graphics whoever did it originally used a low tack material that keeps falling down. I was wondering what lower cost material (already priced 3M Controltac) I should use the walls are painted with semi-gloss and have a slight texture to them. He would prefer something that will not do damage to the wall but will stay up. Any suggestions. :help

big prints

Wall Graphics

Hello, my name is Michael and I'm with Royal Printing Solutions. We currently use many different types of material for wall graphics depending on the application. The 3M8624 is great for outdoor wall murals this is a 1 year 2mil product that usually goes for $1/sqft. They also have a 3M86E Wall Film for interior use that is a 6mil and a 6month film. This mateial has changeable adhesive so you must very carefull if you don't want to be changing the graphics from one location to another. We also use the 3M IJ40C-10 and 20. This is a 3mil 7year film and can be used for floor, wall, and partial wraps. This material is around $.60/sqft. This material also has a permanent gray adhesive so you must be careful as to how long the graphic is up. The longer the wall mural is up the more aggresive the adhesive becomes.

I hope this helps.
MT

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Try ultraflexx new adhesive fabric it's more opaque then the other version on the market and it's about .20 less a sq.ft

bigben

If I use vinyl, It's Phototex. But I use alot of HP wallpaper material and it's great! 100% green product.

Concerning the ultraflex, you need to take a piece and fold it in half and pull it apart and see the results of this adhesive and coating. Happy to send anyone a free sample of Photo Tex to compare the same results. Photo Tex is Green , Non Toxic an PVC free. Photo Tex has a US patent adhesive so no one carries all the same results as we can (just need to look over everyone's technical bulletin to see the separation from our materials capabilities.) As for vivid color - just check out the Photo Tex you tube Channel and let the results of the printers speak for its color! In the end there is plenty of business for all of us !
http://www.youtube.com/user/phototexgroup?feature=results_main

bigben

Concerning the ultraflex, you need to take a piece and fold it in half and pull it apart and see the results of this adhesive and coating. Happy to send anyone a free sample of Photo Tex to compare the same results. Photo Tex is Green , Non Toxic an PVC free. Photo Tex has a US patent adhesive so no one carries all the same results as we can (just need to look over everyone's technical bulletin to see the separation from our materials capabilities.) As for vivid color - just check out the Photo Tex you tube Channel and let the results of the printers speak for its color! In the end there is plenty of business for all of us !
http://www.youtube.com/user/phototexgroup?feature=results_main

I did not know phototex was green. Could you give me more details?

MikePro

phototex is nice stuff. ultraflex wallscapes media is great too, i use both, and I've heard good stuff about korographics as well.

Yes PhotoTex is green. Biodegradable an PVC free . Also it's the only patent adhesive that is fully major when you use it. Check out everyone else life of the material. It varies as there adhesive continue to strengthen over time or weaken. Some only advise to stay on the wall, even indoors for only 3months. Photo Tex adhesive never varies overt time.