• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material Identification Please

ZsVinylInc

Hey Everyone! I had a thread a while ago trying to figure out what type of material someone used for some signs that a company wanted me to copy but I can't seem to find it to add this to it.

I met with a new client and low and behold seem to have come across either a material that is either similar or identical to the material I was trying to figure out before. It is either plastic or plexi. It is brown and opaque. I have attached a picture. The bottom three names on this sign seem to be made of either D-Lite or Alumalite in the Regal Bronze color as far as I can tell. The top two slats or name plates are made either plastic or plexi and have a shinny surface. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Big Z

Attachments

• IMG00035-20100218-1355.jpg
    IMG00035-20100218-1355.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG00039-20100222-1446.jpg
    IMG00039-20100222-1446.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 78

Mosh

Plastic painted second surface is what it looks like. Hard to tell. Take a close up, real close.
How big, just sell them a whole new, nicer sign. Problem solved.

Pat Whatley

Are you sure it's opaque? U.S. Plastic has a bronze acrylic that will look opaque when it's mounted on a wall but there's still a little translucency to it.

ZsVinylInc

Plastic painted second surface is what it looks like. Hard to tell. Take a close up, real close.
How big, just sell them a whole new, nicer sign. Problem solved.

Mosh I tired that....This operation has two offices in my area....the people working at this office would LOVE to have them replaced as well as other signs made to keep customers from parking in the employee spots / area but they are not the location / person approving or paying for it. Someone at the other location is so I am just doing what they asked.

Are you sure it's opaque? U.S. Plastic has a bronze acrylic that will look opaque when it's mounted on a wall but there's still a little translucency to it.

Pat that is the exact product I ended up having to use for my other recently previous client. I actually bought it from U.S. Plastic but must say if I do buy any more acrylic I will have to find another supplier as it wasn't the best of experience but that is for another thread.