• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MATERIAL KEEPS HITTING DRYER ON HP 360 LATEX

BigCarl

We generally print on 3M 3930 HI 48in"....Today we are pulling our hair out..For some reason the edges of the material is rubbing/ burning/ touching the upper heater once printed and coming out to dry...We have adjusted the temp down as far as we can go before rubbing off, still no good, turn the temp real far still no good...we can not figure why the edges are popping up...it just the edges, not middle, just edges...the roll is 48in and the print is 46in, and it hitting in our print area...Any one have any suggestions, it would be highly appreciated...Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks,
Carl

AKwrapguy

It almost sounds like a humidity problem is it's just he edges.

Try getting a humidifier and placing it near the printer. Also look at increasing the passes so you can also lower the temp a little more. see if this helps.

BigCarl

We have a humidifier right next to...running average 45-50% humidity....using the take up reel....panels are 46in wide x 96in long, edges are like buckling on the edges and touching the upper heater...we have had the temperature at 185 to 214...even changed it to a new roll of 3M 3930...turned vacuum up to 100..no difference in the buckling...can not figure out whats going on...almost like i need edge guards in the heater area...thanks...

AKwrapguy

So the 3930 is HIP. I print on this with my 570, and 1 make sure to use the edge guards in the print head area.
My settings are
12 pass
185 degrees
110% ink density
85 vacuum
4 for optimzer
150 airflow

SBlakey

Large format operator
Use the cloth guide. It should help that. If you are using a take up reel should help too. Keep curing door open too.