• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material separating from backing while printing

Lophatcustoms

Cjv30 130 . Just curious if anyone had run into this problem . See picture . I searched the forum and Google but couldn't find anything. My heater settings are 44 44 50 . Fingers appear at the side of the matetial usually before the pinch rollers and continue to stretch across as the machine feeds matetial. I am not using the take up as I am only printing fairly small decals so far. Worried of a head strike on the fingers

Attachments

• 20180325_143830.jpg
    20180325_143830.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 182

InstantOneMedia

My guess is old material or at some point, the material was exposed to extreme cold and the adhesive froze. You could try turning your heat down to 20 30 40+, but I doubt that'll help. Buckling is usually a heat issue, the vinyl separating from the backing is old material.

Wow, 44 is just too much. I print 30-30-50 on Mimaki, I know it sounds and feels cold, but it's just enough.