• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material shifting BAD when cutting

Impact Image

Just ruined about 6' of decals. My 300 picked up the registration marks just fine. When I pulled the print the cuts were off. The closer to the end (front) the worse they were.

Blade pressure seems OK. And speed is the same as I've ever used. Any idea what could be causing the shift?

Do the rubber rings on the pinch rollers wear? I feel like I can spin them on their axles.

Oh...I'm using the printer defaults and not Versworks settings.

Thanks.

i know the rubber wheels can get flat spots....not sure about wear and tear though to be honest. you may need to calibrate the cut feature, you can do this with your printer manual. blade pressure won't effect the cut axis, so you may need to adjust that via your menu settings on your printer.

sfr table hockey

If the rollers are fine, I would be with Rushworks Graphics, and say you might need to set up your print and cut with a calibration.

Make a file with a small square and have a cut line set up about 1/8 inch offset. Then send that file and fill it the length of the media and do a couple rows with print and cut together. Look real close at the cut on each one and if they change from first to last then you need to tweak the print cut adjustment. Same with top and bottom cuts on the rows. If this is off then, when using crop marks, it won't be any better.

If the cuts skew (are off at an angle) I would think its your feed rollers. If cuts are off evenly as it goes, I would think calibration.

I did do an auto print cut adjustment but found I had to tweak things to get the cut bang on.

omgsideburns

if it's anything like a graphtec, make sure you don't have any buildup or dots from running perf material stuck on your grit rollers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How old is the machine and how much work goes through it on an average on a weekly basis ??

Impact Image

Machine is 5 y/o. Don't know how to answer how much work goes through it. Between $50 and $5,000?

Rubber sleeves on rollers are definitely loose....like I can slide them off loose.

I've been cutting a ton of heavy stuff lately so the pull on those has been tougher than normal.

It's not a calibration issue. This is a physical, sliding material issue.

Thanks for the help.

if its physically sliding then you may need to buy new rollers. anything that is loose that is in contact with your material is not good if its job is to secure/hold the material in place.

signmeup

Can you glue them back on so they won't slide? Maybe some heat shrink over the roller the rubber goes over? If it improves them, then you have your answer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's the reason I asked. We had a similar problem and had two different techs in here to mend the problem. They ended up making life frickin' miserable to say the least.

However, Dan Ramm, Sr, came in and fixed the problem 100%. It was the end rollers and it works like a charm, now. He's a Merchant Member here.