• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material to print using Roland VP... for Hydro Dip/ Water transfer method

82R909

Hello Signs 101, looking to see if someone has tried the hydro dip, water transfer industry and if they were able to print they own designs and dip it in the tank the same way hydro dipping is done. Ive only seen silde off water transfer paper more like a tattoo. Want to print my own film.

Thanks!

AUTO-FX

I looked around for information regarding this idea, but couldnt find anything you can print on with a solvent printer.
Let us know how you make out- I'm sure a lot of us would be interested!

MikePro

I looked around for information regarding this idea, but couldnt find anything you can print on with a solvent printer.
Let us know how you make out- I'm sure a lot of us would be interested!
+1. as this is a topic of 3-4 threads over the past year.

You can't print your own stuff. Unless you order through dist. and you have to purchase 100's of meters worth (about $6000) There are 100's of prints, but you are limited to what they make. It is very complicated as a whole. But there is a co. who makes a small kit that can actually be done at home. Good for people who want camo on there guns and such. do a search I think it is youdip or dipyourown or something like that.

82R909

I just saw a video from china im guessing, came out of a laser printer i think and peeled a clear film off the top of the paper and laid it in water and dipped it as if it was hydro film.

Red Earth

I have looked into it as well...Came up with nothing similar to the original product.

I would be interested if you find anything new too.

We have a gentleman in our shop that dips merchandise.... Interesting process.... we have been experimenting with laser engraving it...pretty good results so far. All my waterfowl guns are done... as well as a few Rock band guitars!

PJ

cdiesel

BadAss does this. He's said there is no way to print your own patterns, you have to buy from the premade options...

studebaker

Deluded Artist
HydroGraphic Printing

That's not true... You can have custom hydrographic prints made. As least now in 2015 you can!