• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

material warping on L26500

jpena9137

It is sometimes frustrating when I am printing vinyl stickers because when I go to cut, the lines are a little off due to the warping of the material when drying. I am using an economy calendared vinyl and am wondering if using a cast vinyl would help (although more expensive). Some materials seem to do well and not warp. Others, like a matte poster that we are using, warp quite a bit. Has anyone else experienced this that can offer some insight on how to reduce this?

peavey123

You will have better success by using a better vinyl. IJ35, 3651 or similar. Also, get the print off the printer the second it's done printing.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have our new 5 Mil Grey Back Bubble Free which is perfect for your application and it comes it matte or gloss. I can send you a sample to check out if you wish.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Cheap vinyl with really thin liners warp the worst. I stick to materials with 90# or heavier liners. Seems to be the main culprit. Never had a poster paper warp...must be real thin too if yours does.

Morkel

There is a function that counteracts the warping, but I've never used it because you have to input how much it's warping. From experience this fluctuates greatly and can be different at the start to the finish.

if we're doing lots of small print & cut stuff, we'll divide it into sections, so instead of using the full width and having cut rego marks at the edges, we set it up as 2 columns of 650mm or 3 columns of 400mm, etc. For bigger items, just have to add heaps of bleed.

Bly

Summa cutters print a bar across the front edge which it reads to compensate for the bowing.

bigben

Like other said, just find a material that have a 90# liner, I've found that catalina/mojave material have this in their economic vinyl. For the cutting part, the summa cutters with the barcode reading compensate for this.