• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material you can color on?

Sidney

Hello all,

I would like to print my line art renditions on a material and then have my customers kids color it in with permanent markers or crayons. I would like to do this for dining room tables or perhaps a table runner. Anyone know of a material that I can use....but I don't want paper.

Thank you:)

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I would experiment with matte vinyl or prints with Matte Laminate. I don’t know of a specific material, but I’m sure you’ve seen the chalkboard vinyls that are out there. There is a coffee shop in my town that uses it on a lot of walls and columns and the kids love to come in and draw on it.

67632950_1101545126901268_393024154532358186_n.jpg

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Poster paper is the best option, even though you said no paper.

Andy D

I would experiment with matte vinyl or prints with Matte Laminate. I don’t know of a specific material, but I’m sure you’ve seen the chalkboard vinyls that are out there. There is a coffee shop in my town that uses it on a lot of walls and columns and the kids love to come in and draw on it.

Yeah, I would think a matte, unlaminated vinyl would work great... or if the walls have texture, a matte wallpaper with professional wall paste.
I really like that idea, what would be cool is to print line art of something like dogs, cat & people in a park and let them color them in.

Phototex. Problem is going to be most things have adhesive. So a table runner that'ts not mounted to the table might not work. I would think some of the tradeshow fabrics would work. Just not sure if some of them might bleed with a permanent marker.

Sidney

Thanks for the suggestions. I will let you know what material works. We have a table protector that has this great canvas/vinyl surface on one side but a slightly fu zzy clotho the other. Don't think printers would enjoy the material. I did a quick sketch directly on it and the surface it great.... My wife was like " I didn't know you were going to draw on it...oops:)

Have a great weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20191109_055258.jpg
    IMG_20191109_055258.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 156
Last edited: