Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Material you can color on?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Sidney, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Sidney

Sidney Merchant Member

Aug 12, 2014
    North Carolina
    Hello all,

I would like to print my line art renditions on a material and then have my customers kids color it in with permanent markers or crayons. I would like to do this for dining room tables or perhaps a table runner. Anyone know of a material that I can use....but I don't want paper.

Thank you:)

2. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    I would experiment with matte vinyl or prints with Matte Laminate. I don’t know of a specific material, but I’m sure you’ve seen the chalkboard vinyls that are out there. There is a coffee shop in my town that uses it on a lot of walls and columns and the kids love to come in and draw on it.

[​IMG]

3. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    By the way... are you at the NBM Show in Charlotte this week?

4. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    How about canvas?

5. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Poster paper is the best option, even though you said no paper.

6. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Yeah, I would think a matte, unlaminated vinyl would work great... or if the walls have texture, a matte wallpaper with professional wall paste.
    I really like that idea, what would be cool is to print line art of something like dogs, cat & people in a park and let them color them in.

7. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    What about Tyvek?

8. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    Phototex. Problem is going to be most things have adhesive. So a table runner that'ts not mounted to the table might not work. I would think some of the tradeshow fabrics would work. Just not sure if some of them might bleed with a permanent marker.

9. Sidney

Sidney Merchant Member

Aug 12, 2014
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will let you know what material works. We have a table protector that has this great canvas/vinyl surface on one side but a slightly fu zzy clotho the other. Don't think printers would enjoy the material. I did a quick sketch directly on it and the surface it great.... My wife was like " I didn't know you were going to draw on it...oops:)

Have a great weekend.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 5:59 AM