• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Materials for Outdoor Sign on Brick Building

mameighan

Looking to make a relatively inexpensive sign for an older building. Building is brick.

Normally I am just doing banners and vinyl signage for window and coroplast signs, small aluminium etc

This would be a 4 x 8 installed on the wall. I have read through various forums and trying to get a feel for the various substrates

I am in the Grimco delivery area so would prefer to use them to keep down costs:

Substrates:
MDO - Painted/white/wood
Alumacorr
Coroplast
PVC
Aluminium

Advice would be great. Ease of application - would be adding vinyl logo and lettering. Ease of installation.

Just your personal preference. My head is heading towards alumacor but any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Mark

I installed the equivalent of 4' x 8' max metal on a brick building yesterday afternoon. Materials = $40 for panel, $40 for high performance vinyl, couple of bucks for blue tapcon screws. Installation took 20 minutes with my helper pictured in my avatar.