• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte Black 1080

MichaelAlmand

Hi folks,
Anyone have any tips or tricks. First time using the 1080. Wrapping a race car this weekend, just wondering if anyone has any info that can help.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
I just wrapped a Ferrari FF in matte white 1080. Nothing fancy or different about it. Well, matte white kinda stains easy, but if you're experienced you shouldn't have any problems with the material.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww116/rusty9_photos/Ferrari FF/

Cell phone pics, but you get the idea. The car is originally silver.

The wheels absolutely ruin this car. The Ferrari sales guy made the choice for the Ronald McDonald plastic looking red wheels/yellow center caps and calipers. Everyone is a designer!

The red stripe is actually translucent red, since we couldn't get any matte red in time.

Also, I didn't notice any scratching when applying. We used 3m gold squeegees with velcro and the geek wrap hard plastic ones with the suede.

truckgraphics

Nice ! The job, I mean. I have a Ferrari 458 in my imaginary stable of unobtainable cars. Red, not wrapped. The FF looks too much like a station wagon - or Shooting Brake, were I a Brit - which I guess it is.

But I ramble.

Anyway, I was wondering if you used knifeless tape to trim the job?

Thanks.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
Yeah I guess the FF stands for F&%!'n Family. You can actually fit 2 full sized humans in the back seats.

We used regular x-actos to cut and trim. You'd be surprised how crappy the paint is on Ferraris. so we really weren't worried about accidentally cutting into the clear(which can be buffed out)

marcinito

Just finished my own car Nissan Maxima with matte black and I love the product. Nothing special to it, just pick easy panel to get you going.
Go easy on heat take your time and enjoy. Result is fantastic.

Some people wonder why i painted my car with black primer :)
Some people love the look and asking for price range.

Hi folks,
Anyone have any tips or tricks. First time using the 1080. Wrapping a race car this weekend, just wondering if anyone has any info that can help.

snokid

1080 is great material, best way to apply (for me anyways) is to cut each peace to the panel your wrapping, using two people to stretch the material to the surface and using wrap gloves have the third person wipe the material on making sure there is no bubbles. Very fast and looks more consistent than paint. We use knifeless tape but be careful when you have to re-lay the edge back down that you dont make any small creases (i reccomend not using heat).