• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

matte black, carbon fiber suppliers?

eracer27

Looking for suppliers of the new trendy media like matte black, carbon fiber, color wrap cast other than what Fellers offers. Need 60" material for doing vehicle hoods etc. Who do you guys use? Thanks for help, Eric

AUTO-FX

You guys are all giving him manufacturers, but how about suppliers? Who stocks the stuff in SC?- I think that's what he's after.
Hey Pat, hows the 970 hold up on horizontal surfaces?

acothran

3M DiNoc - Should be available from most 3M suppliers: Grimco, Advantage Sign Supply, possibly Fellers though it is not listed in their catalog

Oracal 970RA & 975 - Fellers, Advantage Sign Supply, and/or any supplier that carries Oracal, though I know many of the 970RA colors are special order and will probably drop ship from Oracal

Hexis HX30000 - Order directly from Hexis USA.

Good luck.

Allen

Haakon

Anyone who has user feedback on the different brands of carbon fiber vinyl? Is for example the 3M any better than Oracal 975 or HX30000 in any way? I have some samples of HX30000 here, but my main supplier (which give me far better pricing than the others) supply Oracal only. They do however not stock 975 in Norway yet, so before I order a roll it would be great with some feedback on the differences between the brands.

jon vital

DiNoc is great for roofs and bonnets, it's thick and the weave doesn't distort like the Hexis. But we found it has problems with more challenging exterior parts and would lift back.

restyleit

Anyone who has user feedback on the different brands of carbon fiber vinyl? Is for example the 3M any better than Oracal 975 or HX30000 in any way? I have some samples of HX30000 here, but my main supplier (which give me far better pricing than the others) supply Oracal only. They do however not stock 975 in Norway yet, so before I order a roll it would be great with some feedback on the differences between the brands.

hexis, oracal, and kpmf have exactly the same carbon fiber pattern
hexis comes only in 54" and has air-channels, sometimes had to use 3m primer to make it stick
oracal comes in 60" and no air-channels
di-noc's pattern doesn't get distorted as the above do, but harder to work around certain angles

GypsyGraphics

3M Dinoc and 970RA from Oracal. I've only played with a sample of the Dinoc (awesome stuff but brutally expensive) but I used a roll of the 970RA after working with it at a wrap seminar. It is amazing stuff....worth every penny.

Pat, was your matte black installed on areas closet to the ground? If so, how is the 970 holding up to road debris?

The flat black wrap i did on my son's car as turned out to be the wrap from hell! i'm tempted to rewrap the whole car with 970... still have an entire roll sitting here.... but geezzzzz... the cost of wrap that damn car twice is a tough pill to swallow.

i've been avoiding even thinking about it for months now. and i really need to do some

CheapVehicleWrap

GG, sorry wrong Pat here. 970RA right? It's some pretty durable stuff. Put some on even for a test. No sense letting an $1100 roll sit there. I've also hidden major scratches (part kicked around on counter for a while) with heat.

Flame

Giving this oldddd thread a bump, but any new carbon fiber companies? Hexis just isn't tacky enough IMO (hard to admit because I love Hexis products), DiNoc I swear is more expensive than it's weight in gold (and too stinking thick).... we got any other players in the game now?

Msrae

Rae
Giving this thread yet another bump

Just used the Hexis carbon fiber on mirrors, hood and soon to be roof. Not terribly impressed so far.

It is relatively easy to work with, and does come back to shape with heat, but it also isn't sticky enough (like Flame mentioned). If you have an area you have to manipulate any it loses all of its adhesion. I have to redo a full hood because it won't relax down into the groove in one spot (yes, I have released any air, it will adhere for a minute, with heat, then comes back up again after an hour or two). It also won't stick on the area around the sprayer that gave me a little bit of grief. After trying to get it to adhere for an hour or more I finally decided it was time to give up.

Another issue I am seeing with it is on a mirror we did, it shrank. The wrap and cut were great, but after a day it has now shrunk down and pulled away from the edges.

The hood shows a lot of marks. I can't tell if it is showing marks from the hood, or from where I used the squeegee, but IMO it looks pretty bad. Never had this issue with the 970RA gloss black that I used on my last roof wrap.

Anyone else having any issues with the Hexis carbon fiber wrap?