• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte Black

k6media

Hey! I am getting a lot of requests for "matte black" wraps.. what are you guys using?

Comply? Overlaminate? ..

stickermonkey

this seems to be the new thing eh!! lol From what I've heard...3M's cast with comply adhesive is the way to go. Now...as for lam?? Good question...I'd contact my 3M supplier and go from there. :)

Another REALLY popular film that 3M offers is Dynoc...the Carbon Fiber film is really nice. We're using it when we wrap our shop van next month. Doing the hood, mirrors, bumpers and possibly more. It's really sharp!

:) Kyla

While the 3M is nice, you should take a look at the Hexis material My customers love it. The carbon fiber has a longer rating and has an air release liner.

stickermonkey

While the 3M is nice, you should take a look at the Hexis material My customers love it. The carbon fiber has a longer rating and has an air release liner.

What rating does it have in comparison to 3M's Dynoc?? And...I have some of the Dynoc here and it has both controltac adhesive & their air release liner. It's pretty nice to work with. I'll have to try the Hexis...but who sells it in Canada? Anyone know?

MafiaWraps

I have been isntalling DI-NOC for about a year now, its awesome to work with and a very profitable sale. Just make sure when you order, order enough sometimes is becomes scarce and there is a little wait to buy it. only happened to me once but this stuff is hot right now!!!

SurfaceSigns

Just picked up some Di-Noc Carbon Fiber from ND Graphics here in Vancouver. My rep said all their locations have the CF in stock, and sell by the Yard. He did mention they don't stock a lot of it though (they had less than 20 yards), and can take time to get more if they are out, as it isn't stocked in Canada by 3M.

Played with it a bit today, just to get a feel for the product. Pretty neat stuff! Still not sure what I'm going to do with it, but wanted some in stock just to play with.

ND had applied some to the mirrors of one of their delivery cars, and it was lifting pretty badly on the edges and in a few of the crevices. I'd think Primer 94 would be a must based on what I saw of their install anyways.

SurfaceSigns

IDS Finishes appears to be the main point of contact for it in the US. I did find it at a few Sign Supply houses in the US, but their pricing seemed to be higher than the guys here in Canada ($6/sqft vs. $3/sqft here in Canada), which is never the case, telling me that there must be a better source. Perhaps MafiaWraps could point you in a better direction.

IDS can be found here... http://www.idsfinishes.com

jculvy

why use the 3M control tac when you have to apply a laminate. Use the Oracal 970RA. The laminate is built in. Oracal's 975 Carbon Fiber is way more conformable than the 3M DiNoc and more realistic.

perimage

We printed black on 3M 180 and laminated with Oracal matte lam. Holds up pretty good. The white areas are getting a littly spotty though. The solid black looks good though

Robby

Attachments

• Volkswagen GTI vehicle wrap by Car Wrap Solutions in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, hood view, black ma.jpg
    Volkswagen GTI vehicle wrap by Car Wrap Solutions in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, hood view, black ma.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Volkswagen GTI vehicle wrap by Car Wrap Solutions.com in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, front corner vi.jpg
    Volkswagen GTI vehicle wrap by Car Wrap Solutions.com in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, front corner vi.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 117