• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte Bronze wrap material?

kstompaint

We've been getting a lot of requests for color change wraps and most of those are for matte finish. I'm going to do my Escalade as a test for the market. It's black now. I prefer Oracal materials generally but I think I'm going to go with the 3M 1080 matte military green and I wanted to do the trim in matte bronze. I haven't been able to find that color in a wrap vinyl but Oracal 970RA is available in bronze metallic. Has anybody ever tried matte laminate on 970? I'm a little worried about the extra thickness because what I'd be doing is the door handles and other small, tight trim that's chrome now.

Also any install tricks for the matte wrap are appreciated. We've done several hundred wraps but none matte yet.

CheapVehicleWrap

Charge accordingly. Either material is excellent. You can start testing the market right now by requesting pics and giving ballpark quotes. That ought to get rid of many and free up your day without dickering around in person.

Aklaim

Haven't used any bronze material so I can't help you there, but we just finished wrapping our shop van in matte military green and it came out great. Go slow, take your time and don't use a torch to heat the vinyl, use a heat gun. Too much heat gives the vinyl almost a semi gloss look. Took 1 person 3 days to complete. Pics below.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 86
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 69

Patentagosse

Avery have a bronze-like color in their new Supreme wrapping film BUT it's gloss finish. Maybe you can laminate a very thin OL like Avery's 1360 or Oracal 293 in matte to get desired finish w/o thickering it too much

kstompaint

Cheap- Right now I'm doing MY car. Testing the market is mostly just an excuse to waste the time & material to do mine. :)