• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte Finish Carbon Fiber Film

wmshuman

Does anyone know anywhere I can find a matte finish "realistic looking" carbon fiber film? I've tried a few places but had no luck. I am pretty sure I have seen it somewhere but I can't find it now. I almost to the point of just printing it and laminating it with matte lam but that kind of takes the realistic look away from it. It absolutely has to be matte finish as it is going on the dash of a custom built airplane. It does not need to be a wrap material but will have to allow for a slightly curved surface. Even thought about buying the textured glossy vinyl and using a matte frog juice on it but would prefer something ready to go. Only looking for about 54"x2 yds. Thanks.

SIGNTIME

3m 1080 is the best looking imo but its glossy im not sure if there is a matte finish one but depending on the angle the 1080 looks half matte half glossy

SurfaceSigns

You are looking for 3M Di-Noc CA-421. It is a dull finish, and is more realistic looking than the 1080 series. It is a bit hard to find, as many suppliers don't carry it, and those that do typically want you to buy 10m minimum. It typically runs in the $45-55/yd range from the suppliers that do carry it.

It only comes in 48" though.

If you are just looking for a small amount of it, pm me and I can cut you off what every you need. We use it for iPhone and iPad wraps, so alway have it on hand.

Clinton

Attachments

• 1-3m-dinoc-carbon-fiber-ca421.jpg
    1-3m-dinoc-carbon-fiber-ca421.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 83

jfiscus

Rap Master
Ritrama dropped off a book of samples here of their new wrap products. We've never used them; but their carbon fiber products (and others - SNAKE SKIN!) look awesome.