• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte Finish Cleaner ?

Vinh1219

I really need some good advice on some product I can use on Matte Black or Matte white finish vehicles. I can't seem to find a product that is good at all. If anyone knows a product or use something that can clean these finish that would be great. Don't want to return a car to a customer all dirty. thanks

cdiesel

We have four shop vehicles wrapped in 8915 ultra matte, and it's a PITA to keep clean.

On the last one we did, my bro used a wax on it. He says it's much easier to clean than the other vehicles are.

StickySigns

We have done quite a few matte black cars with avery 900, these don't tend to need special care, mine has been done 2 years ago and I drive it trough the carwash at least once a month, still looks great.

We brand new Mercedes E class convertible in Hexis matte white, and our demo Nissan 200SX is also a print with matte laminate, that has a lot of white.
Both cars are a nightmare to keep clean.

After trying every product available to be able to get the white white again (after a few weeks outside the white is brown because of the dirt) I've found one that does wonders: Procar Diadeem universal cleaner.
Matte white goes back to white, with no shining.

After talking to a detailer, we ordered a Swisswax "Opaque" kit
this is a wax specially developped for matte paint/vinyl and a quick detailer.
the starter kit (for 4 wax jobs) costs 150 euro's !
It claims black goes "darker" but trying to do only my hood didn't give any difference.
what it does goed is repell dirt, waterdrops washes runs right of (like on a regulare waxed car) so no dirt gets a chance to stick.

maybe doing a swisswax waxjob right after the rap might help keeping it nice, but that would mean rising the customer pricing by a lot
(the swisswax wax should be waxed in with your fingers, takes quite a while :p)